Monday, August 23, 2010

Animal Prints are Back

I used to date a guy who told me that he hated animal prints, so I stopped wearing them for two years. Well look who's wrong now!! I accepted that animal prints are officially back when Glamour got more excited about JLo's jungle-y outfits than the singer(?) herself in their most recent issue.
It's a delicate thing to pull off; when I think of leopard-print I tend to think of trashy whores. But there is a right way to do it. For instance, Style.com suggests doubling it with the fur trend like so:
Dries Van Noten Leopard-Print Rabbit Fur Vest, $2,085 (style.com)

I really like the addition of the chill belt, not to mention it's perfect for the ongoing military trend. You can also take a much more subtle and abstract approach, like this skirt from Topshop ($70) and shirt by Whistles on asos.com (about $100):


I've gotta say, however, that these are my definite favorites:


Shoes: Keds Animal Print Laceless Sneaker at Urban Outfitters for $40, Dress: Whistles All Over Animal Sequin Dress at asos.com for about $187

I guess I just like the black and white and how fun and different they are! Clearly there are countless ways to go with the animal print trend, so odds are that you'll find something you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment